Situated in the sunny south east of Ireland Dunmore East in Co. Waterford offers a pleasant weekend of coastal walks along the stunning scenery of Waterford Estuary. This area is crammed with Irish history and your guides will entertain you with accounts of events and happenings down through the centuries along with the many opportunities to view the plants and wildlife of the various locations.
There will be a glorious cliff walk to Portally along the recently constructed National Trail, a ramble along the Bothar na mna Gorm or slave path, a hike from Passage East to Cheekpoint with elevated views of the sister rivers and an opportunity to explore the historic Woodstown beach. Full details are available at http://www.dunmorewalks.com/.
- Registration will be at The Strand Inn, Lower Dunmore East commencing Friday, June 14 at 18.00 and again at 09.00 Saturday.
- There will be an entry fee of €10 for each walk or €25 for three.
- Food is served all day at the Strand Inn, including breakfast.
- 1800 Saturday in Strand Inn. Drinks and socialise. Rest those weary feet with friends.
- 1700 Sunday Farewell coffee reception. Strand Inn.