The Walkers Association of Ireland is having a combined AGM/ Winter Meet on 24th March to which all interested parties are invited.
The theme of the event will be “New Horizons for Intermediate Hillwalkers”
The talks program commencing at 8pm (AGM 7pm) will include:
– Talk on Winter Hillwalking — Anne Morrissey will talk on experience gained in Ireland and doing the Munros in Scotland.
– Photography — Simon Stewart will talk about how to get an interesting picture in the common, which is to say poor, weather.
– Break for discussion and refreshments at the bar.
– Participating in Challenge Walks — Anne Morrissey will draw on her experience of the many different challenge walks in Ireland.
– Long Distance Trekking — TBA
The AGM will be held St. Olaf’s GAA Club immediately before the main meeting, starting at 7pm.
Location here (ignore the event to which the map is attached):
Google mapis available at: http://naomholaf.ie/directions.html
Address: Holly Avenue, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Sandyford, Dublin.
WAI website: http://www.walkersassociation.ie/